http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Owl-Teachhttp://www.pinterest.com/theowlteach/http://instagram.com/theowlteach
    http://theowlteach.blogspot.com/http://theowlteach.blogspot.com/p/my-classroom.htmlhttp://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Owl-Teach

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

TPT Seller Challenge Week 1: Makeover Madness!

I'm so excited about joining in on the TPT Seller Challenge.  I'm finding awesome, new blogs to follow and learning so much from fellow teachers!  What a fun and motivating way to spend some time working this summer!

I actually started selling on TPT almost 8 years ago...BEFORE cute product covers, digital clip art, etc.  I put up mostly tests, quizzes, and projects that I was creating for my then co-taught 4th grade class.  I then went through some difficult years in my personal life, due to a divorce at a young age.  It was such a challenging time, that my TPT energy truly went to the wayside.  I left products up, but didn't update or create new projects for almost five years.

After I met and started dating my new husband (my truly perfect match), I was also moved to second grade, and I started creating products for my classroom and started putting new energy and time into working on my TPT store and products.  I really have only been back at working on it for under two years.  In that time.. I've realized most all of my old products were in desperate need for updates...so this challenge has been perfect!

This week I completely reworked 2 old products for the Makeover Madness, and I'm truly motivated to keep up the makeovers until my old products are up to my current standards!  Here's what I have done so far!

Makeover #1:  Simple Machines Test
This product did not even have a product cover!  It was a simple 4 page test with NO answer key!  Now, it has updated fonts and clip art, includes a study guide, and answers keys for the test and study guide!
Makeover #2:  Money Top It Game
This product also was lacking a cover.  It also only included amounts of money up to $2.00.  Now, the game includes 60 playing cards (instead of 48) with combinations of bills and coins up to $5.00.  I also added updated directions and a money reference chart for students to use while playing!



I'm so glad to have joined this challenge.  I'm so appreciative of Sparkling in SecondTeach. Create. Motivate.Third in Hollywood, and Peppy Zesty Teacherista for putting together this little summer challenge for everyone!

Would love to hear your thoughts about my makeovers!

Hootfully Yours,
Lindsay

3 comments:

Sommer's Lion Pride said...

Your updates look great! Adding those colorful covers make them much more eye catching!

Kay @ Sommer’s Lion Pride

Unknown said...

I love how these turned out! So colorful and I love the idea of adding teacher's guides!
Tina

Kelly said...

I love your updates - and I am glad that I am not the only one who started on TpT back in the dinosaur ages and is just updating some of those oldies but goodies!

 
DESIGN BY CORINNE AT THE CUTEST BLOG ON THE BLOCK